- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
12 Interior Ministry officers detained2012-11-16 11:37
Prosecutor General's Office of Georgia has confirmed the arrest of 12 former employees of Ministry of Interior of Georgia, the News-Georgia reports. "The investigation is cheking the fact of various crimes committed by individual employees Interior Ministry", said in the statement by the office.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Most of the detainees are former members of the Constitutional Security Department (CST). They were arrested after interrogation conducted on November 14-15.
Among those detained: former department director Levan Kardava, director deputies Zaal Maisuradze, Vaja Leluashvili and Vakhtang Bochorishvili, the heads of departments George Kavlashvili and Ermaloz Ebanoidze, their deputies Vasil Dzhamalashvili, Avtandil Solomnishvili, George and Alexander Javakhadze Bortsvadze.
Former Deputy Interior Minister and recently - Vice-Mayor of Tbilisi Shota Khizanishvili and Deputy Chief of Operational and Technical Department of the Interior Ministry Beck Kvaratskhelia also arrested.
Recall, yesterday in the morning five senior members of the Department of Constitutional Security and other Interior Ministry departments were detained on suspicion of "abuse of power" and "false imprisonment".
This information was announced by the lawyers of the detainees. The officials were detained after their interrogation, which lasted throughout last night.