- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Armenia is not going join NATO2012-11-16 13:44
Armenia does not consider NATO membership either in short or long term, the News-Georgia reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
This was announced by the head of the delegation of the National Assembly of Armenia at the NATO Parliamentary Assembly, the Chairman of the Standing Committee on Defense, National Security and Internal Affairs Koryun Nahapetyan.
"The essence of Armenia's and Georgia's cooperation with NATO is radically different, since the agenda does not include the issue of entry into the Alliance either in the short or in the long term", he said.
According to the News-Armenia, in this case, Nahapetyan believes that Georgia's accession to NATO is not expected at least in the next two years, since there are still serious problems and challenges impeding this process.
However, the head of the delegation said that Armenia is interested in developing further cooperation with the North Atlantic Alliance.
"This is good for the country. Several reforms that are now being carried out in Armenia in the relevant areas are being implemented with the support of NATO", he stressed.