- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia won't return to CIS2012-11-19 12:41
Georgia is not going to return into the CIS and does not even consider the matter, the RIA Novosti reported. This was announced on Saturday by the head of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Maya Panjikidze.gt-en-newsitem-inside
She noted that no one has invited Georgia back into the CIS, since the Commonwealth understands the futility of such proposals.
Recall, according to the new head of the Foreign Ministry Maya Panjikidze, Georgia's pro-Western course remains immutable.
Despite the coming to power of the new political forces in Georgia, the country remains committed to the policy of joining NATO and the European Union. Simultaneously Tbilisi intends to restore relations with Moscow.
"This is the choice of the Georgian people. And any government should follow the will of the people. The course of European and Euro-Atlantic integration remains unchanged for the simple reason: mankind has not invented anything better than democracy and well-developed democratic institutions. This course is a manifestation of our natural craving for Europe", Maya Panjikidze said.