- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia to increase military presence in Afghanistan2012-11-21 11:27
In October this year, Georgia increased its military contingent participating in the operation to promote peace in Afghanistan to 1571 people, the Trend reported. This was announced by the Ministry of Defense of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Currently, two Georgian battalions - the 12th Battalion of the First Infantry Brigade and the 32nd Battalion of the Third Infantry Brigade - are deployed in Helmand province.
According to the Defense Ministry, Georgia, along with Australia, the military contingent of which is 1550 people, is one of the not member states of NATO, which is making the largest contribution to the ongoing operation in Afghanistan.
Recall, in mid-October, the Defense Minister from the coalition "Georgian Dream" Irakli Alasania stated the Georgian contingent remained in Afghanistan until 2014.
"Everyone should understand that this is the obligation of the country, this is Georgia's contribution to the international security", Irakli Alasania said.