- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ivanishvili considers SOCAR a guarantor of energy security2012-11-21 11:54
The State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR) is the guarantor of energy security of Georgia, Prime Minister Bidzina Ivanishvili stated. According to the Vestnik Kavkaza, this was announced by the President of SOCAR Rovnag Abdullayev at the plenary session of the Milli Mejlis (Parliament) of Azerbaijan.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Abdullayev said that during his recent visit to Georgia, he had held two meetings with Georgian Prime Minister, and both times he expressed confidence that the economic relations with Azerbaijan must develop.
"Ivanishvili said with confidence that the future development of the SOCAR in Georgia was beneficial for both Georgia and Azerbaijan", the head of the company said.
Ivanishvili also assured that the recent developments in the regions of Georgia, related to the Azerbaijanis' attacks, were not directed against the people of Azerbaijan.
Recall, in early November it was reported that the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR) had acquired the company ITERA-GEORGIA, which is engaged in distribution of natural gas in Georgia.