- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian-Lithuanian business-forum was held in Tbilisi2009-03-05 09:31
The Georgian-Lithuanian business forum was held yesterday in the Sheraton Metekhi Palace hotel (Tbilisi). The major part of the participants represented construction sector.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Besides, the forum was attended by the Lithuanian delegation headed by Arunas Valinskas, the Parliament of Lithuania Speaker. The delegation included representatives of various construction companies.
As it was noted at the meeting, Lithuanian businesspeople are interested in investing in Georgian economy and therefore start studies of investment climate and construction market in the country.
In his speech Arunas Valinskas stated that all the bases for close ties and further active cooperation are present in Georgia.
David Bakradze, the Speaker of the Parliament of Georgia, also made a speech and highlighted that the government takes all the necessary measures to improve business climate and prevention of global financial crisis negative consequences, in particular, decrease of income tax from 25 to 20 per cent, finance of the cheap credits program from the state budget, working-places-creation aimed policy, infrastructure projects implementation. He reminded that cheap health insurance program started on March 1st .
According to Bakradze, this forum will favor implementation of new projects in construction sector and the entire economy sphere, will intensify relations between Georgia and Lithuania.
Lasha Zhvania, the Minister of Economic Development of Georgia , and David Tkeshelashvili, the Minister of Regional Development and Infrastructure of Georgia, attended the forum. The event was planned in the course of Bakradze's visit to Lithuania (took place on February 17th ). Before the beginning of the forum a new Lithuanian bakery was opened in Tbilisi.