- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Burjanadze can testify against Saakashvili's team2012-11-26 17:10
Former chairman of the Georgian parliament Nino Burjanadze offered to testify against members of the team of the president Mikheil Saakashvili, the Lenta.ru reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"I have nothing to worry about; and the "United National Movement"should nervous", Burjanadze told reporters.
Nino Burjanadze added that she was "ready to participate in the investigative process on this matter", if some of her testimony could be needful for the law enforcement agencies.
"I am ready to help the investigation, to cooperate as possible", Burjanadze said.
As recalled by the Big Caucasus, Burjanadze previously served as speaker of parliament. In 2003, president's former ally took part in the "Rose Revolution" with Mikheil Saakashvili. Previously, she announced she was not going to enter opposition. Now she questions the legitimacy of the "United National Movement" and intends to ensure that Saakashvili and his associates will be put to justice.
Nino Burjanadze expressed her desire to testify against Saakashvili on the background of the change of government in Georgia. Under the election results billionaire Bidzina Ivanishvili has become the new Prime Minister of the country.