- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Chatayev stays in prison2012-11-27 18:07
Minister of Justice of Georgia Thea Tsulukiani does not consider the release of the Russian citizen Akhmed Chatayev, who was detained in September this year in the Lopota Gorge during special operation by the Interior Ministry, reasonable, the News-Georgia reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"As long as the prosecutor decides that Chatayev must be released or Chatayev is released by the court, under the new regime, when prosecutors are exempt from political pressures, and new prosecutors are studying the matter, I do not think the release of Chatayev is reasonable", Tsulukiani said. At the same time, Tsulukiani noted, Chatayev won't be transferred to the Russian Federation.
As recalled by the Caucasian Knot, Russian citizen Akhmed Chatayev was arrested in the Lopota Gorge, where the law enforcement agencies of Georgia conducted a special operation to eliminate militant groups. Chatayev is accused of illegal purchase, possession and carrying an explosive device. The hearing on Chatayev's case, scheduled for November 15, was postponed to November 26 due to the absence of witnesses - the border guards and the expert- at the hearing.
Chatayev stated he had nothing with the preparation of the group. According to him, he had got a call from the Counterterrorism Center of the Interior Ministry of Georgia and had been asked to help negotiate with the armed group. During the negotiations, the shooting started, and he was shot in the leg. Chatayev was hiding in the woods with a wound without food and water for several days, and then went out on the main road and stopped a car in which the border guards were.