- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia: Railway communication with Abkhazia won't be restored2012-11-28 15:14
The issue of resumption of rail traffic through Abkhazia, including the restoration of the Abkhazian railway inoperating since 1992, was removed from the agenda. According to the RIA Novosti, this was announced today by the Minister for Reintegration of Georgia Paata Zakareishvili.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"This issue has been closed almost immediately after the Abkhaz side had shown no interest in it. So, the issue was closed almost immediately after this idea had been voiced", Zakareishvili told reporters.
Railway communication between Georgia and Russia through Abkhazia was interrupted after the conflict of 1992-1993.
Recall, we reported that Georgia intended restoration of railway communication with Russia through Abkhazia. This was also announced by the Minister for Reintegration of Georgia Paata Zakareishvili in early November.
Zakareishvili said the issue has not been discussed at the government level, but some consultations had taken place. Zakareishvili added that in this issue the sides must take into account solely economic factors.