- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
More Dagestanis will be called up to army2012-11-29 12:01
Conscription of Dagestani young people will increase. According to Lenta.ru, such a decision was taken by the Defense Ministry of Russia after a meeting of the Minister Sergei Shoigu with the President of Dagestan Magomedsalam Magomedov.gt-en-newsitem-inside
On the eve it became known that representatives of the republic in the State Duma had asked Shoigu to call up more Dagestanis.
As stated by the member of the State Duma from the "United Russia", Chairman of the Committee on Nationalities Gadzhimet Safaraliyev, following the talks between the president of Dagestan and Shoigu, the number of recruits should amount four thousand in 2012.
According to Safaraliyev, former Defense Minister Anatoly Serdyukov was not paying much attention to this issue, but Shoigu decided to meet representatives of Dagestan, who argue that military service in their country enjoys great prestige and local young people need it for successful employment in the law enforcement agencies.
Recall, previously it was reported that Dagestanis will be called up not to the Army but to the Interior Ministry troops stationed in Dagestan. Thus, the state gives the Dagestanis a chance to pursue a career in law enforcement agencies and will save the armed forces from the undisciplined soldiers.
The decision to call up Dagestani guys into the Interior troops of Russia located in Dagestan was prepared prior to the campaign to create a negative image of recruits from the North Caucasus. Of the flow of information about the atrocities in the army they used only those incidents where young people form Dagestan featured. As a result, the appeal of this Republic was sharply reduced to a minimum. In 2010, there were called up 7,900 people, in 2011 - about 1,000 people. This spring, there were called up 2200 Dagestani conscripts; and this fall, only 179 guys were invited to the Emergencies Ministry and the Interior Ministry.