- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
George Soros to visit Georgia2012-11-29 12:42
The founder of the "Open Society Institute" George Soros is going to visit Georgia on a private visit, the News-Georgia reported. This was announced by the fund "Open Society - Georgia" on Wednesday, November 28. Date of the visit was not specified.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The specified visit is unofficial; its goal is meeting with the fund leadership, summing up the work over the past years and discussion of future strategy. It is possible that in order to familiarize with the new political reality Soros will meet with political leaders", said in the "Open Society - Georgia".
Separately, according to the New Chronicles, in the statement the "Open Society - Georgia" emphasizes that previously spread information about the provision of financial aid of the party "United National Movement" by Soros and his entities is not true. After the defeat in the last parliamentary election "United National Movement" led by Saakashvili became opposition to the course of the current government.
Though Soros "does not finance political parties and their activities in Georgia", as outlined by the "Open Society - Georgia", during his visit he intends to see the "new political reality" in this post-Soviet country.