- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili: My team is pure2012-11-30 13:13
On Thursday, November 28, Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili said that his team was "pure" and no one could prove that members of his government are corrupt.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Saakashvili stated this during a meeting with the mayor of Palermo Leoluka Orlando, who is visiting Georgia as part of Italian Week at his estate in Kvareli (Kakheti region), the News-Georgia reported.
"When our colleagues now get detained, nobody is able to say that the members of my government have taken something home or stolen something ... Legally it cannot be proved, since it's not true ... My Government was very pure and the whole world knows this", president of Georgia said.
At the same time, as reported by the Echo of the Caucasus, Saakashvili has commented on the detention of former officials. "In Georgia, unfortunately, the crime is growing very fast", Mikheil Saakashvili said.
"According to the European Union, we have been the least corrupt country in Europe ... They say that someone was forced to bring a car to the state agency - of course, if this happens, then this is wrong and a violation of the law, but this fact is still controversial", Saakashvili said.