- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition opened offices on protest action organization in Tbilisi2009-03-05 17:47
Alongside the continuing signature collection action, the opposition parties of Georgia established special offices on organization of the protest action to be held on April 9th .gt-en-newsitem-inside
Today they were opened in head offices of the parties which a few days ago adopted a joint statement on the large-scale protest action with a demand of Saakashvili's resignation to be held on April 9th .
The parties that opened such offices are: the Conservative party, the Democratic Movement-United Georgia, the Freedom party, For United Georgia movement, Industry will save Georgia party, Way of Georgia party, Traditionalists' Union, Women's Party, People's Party.
In nearest days organization offices will be opened in other regions of Georgia.
Yesterday the Georgian opposition started the action called "Save Georgia together". In the course of this action ballot boxes were placed near all the stations of Tbilisi underground, and signature collection of opposition supporters' began. Citizens of Georgia are offered to support the main demand of the opposition: the unconditional resignation of Mikheil Saakashvili and take part in the planned mass protest action in front of the Parliament building, to be held on April 9th .
Opposition representatives offer everyone willing to fill in the special form and write down their name, family name and phone number.
According to the action organizers, in the first day they managed to gather 25 thousand signatures of Saakashvili's resignation supporters.