- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Another charge against Akhalaia2012-12-07 11:36
Prosecutor's Office may press new charges against former Defense Minister Bacho Akhalaia. Now we are talking about illegal purchase of weapons, committed at a time when Akhalaia was Defense Minister, the IA Regnum reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According Adviser to the Minister of Defense Vako Avaliani, in past years the Defense department has purchased second-hand AK-47 and AKS-74, produced in the middle of the last century, repainted and refurbished. According to him, a violation of the law was revealed by the General Inspectorate of the Ministry of Defense through the audit of financial records. It turned out that during the reign of Akhalaia the ministry transferred millions of lari to offshore and purchased outdated and used equipment and weapons.
The head of General Inspectorate Andria Gotsiridze added that in total the Defense Ministry has allocated for the purchase of such outdated equipment a sum equivalent of 12 million euros. According to him, this case will be sent for investigation to the Prosecutor.
Recall, former Interior Minister of Georgia Bacho Akhalaia was arrested on November 6. According to his lawyer David Dekanoidze, Akhalaia was charged with abuse of office.
The cause of the accusations against Akhalaia was the complaints to the Prosecutor General's office from former employees of the department.