- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Akhmed Chatayev released on bail2012-12-07 13:20
Tbilisi City Court has decided to release a Russian citizen Akhmed Chatayev, who was detained in September this year in the Lopota Gorge during special operation by the Interior Ministry, on bail of 5,000 lari (about 3 thousand dollars). This was declared by the Kakheti Information Center on Thursday, December 6, the News-Georgia reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the Kakheti Information Center, the court made such a decision having satisfied the petition of the Prosecutor's Office. Chatayev has 30 days to pay the above amount.
Previously, we reported that Georgian leadership had refused to extradite former representative of Aslan Maskhadov in Europe Akhmed Chatayev to Russia. This was announced by the Minister of Justice of Georgia Thea Tsulukiani.
Recall, Russian citizen Akhmed Chatayev was arrested in the Lopota Gorge, where the law enforcement agencies of Georgia conducted a special operation to eliminate militant groups. Chatayev is accused of illegal purchase, possession and carrying an explosive device. The hearing on Chatayev's case, scheduled for November 15, was postponed till November 26 due to the absence of witnesses - the border guards and the expert - at the hearing.