- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Armenia can become Silicon Valley of the Caucasus2012-12-10 12:22
On December 8, Armenian Prime Minister Tigran Sargsyan met with the President of the California Institute of Technology Jean Lou Chameau, the Aysor.am reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the press service of the government, the Prime Minister presented the ongoing in the country education reform, as well as the process of international accreditation of Armenian universities. They discussed the prospects of bilateral cooperation and the development of information technology in Armenia.
The U.S. Congressman Adam Schiff, who attended the meeting, said that Armenia had the potential to become the Silicon Valley of the Caucasus.
As recalled by the Armenia Today, the working visit of Prime Minister of Armenia Tigran Sargsyan to the United States started on December 8.
After the meeting with Jean Lou Shamo Tigran Sargsyan met with Armenian university entrants, as well as Armenian scientists living in the U.S. The Prime Minister answered the questions of the participants. He also spoke of the current situation and prospects of development of the natural and exact sciences in Armenia. Tigran Sargsyan thanked the participants for an interesting meeting and called for strengthening ties with their historical homeland, as well as promoting the development of science in Armenia.
Working visit of the Prime Minister to the United States will continue until December 12.