- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russia and Georgia to hold talks this week2012-12-10 13:48
On Sunday, Special Envoy of the Prime Minister of Georgia Bidzina Ivanishvili for normalization relations with Russia Zurab Abashidze told the RIA Novosti that the official statement concerning future meetings and the start of negotiations with the Russian Federation will be announced on Monday.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Official statement and my comment about this meeting will be announced on Monday", Abashidze said commenting on the words of Foreign Minister of the Russian Federation who had stated that the meeting of the representatives of Russia and Georgia would be held this week. "We are ready for a solid and constructive dialogue", said the Special Envoy of Bidzina Ivanishvili.
At the same time, as reported by the Izvestia, Georgian Foreign Minister Maya Panjikidze stated that the meeting would have "technical" nature. "The very fact of the meeting is positive, although we do not expect concrete results", she said.
Earlier, the new Georgian authorities stated that the restoration of relations with Russia on a diplomatic level was impossible until the "de-occupation of Georgia".
Switzerland will be the mediator between the two countries. However, according to preliminary data, the meeting will be held not in this country.