- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Azerbaijan and Georgia to discuss border demarcation2012-12-11 13:27
Azerbaijan continues negotiations with the Georgian side on delimitation and demarcation of the state border. According to the 1news.az, this was announced by the head of the State Committee for Land and Cartography of Azerbaijan Garib Mamedov.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Mamedov, only 300 km out of 480 km of the common perimeter of the state border have been agreed. He noted that currently Azerbaijan was waiting from the Georgian side a decision related to the continuation of talks on the matter at level of experts.
As recalled by the Day.az, Georgia is bordering with seven districts of Azerbaijan - Gazakh, Agstafa, Tovuz, Samukh, Gakh, Balaken and Zagatala. In total - 480 kilometers. To date, the parties have coordinated up to 65 percent of the state border.
The issue of delimitation and demarcation of the Georgian-Azerbaijani border affects the fate of one of the sights of the South Caucasus - the monastery complex "David of Gareji". Complex of cave monasteries "David of Gareji" is located 60 kilometers to the south-east of Tbilisi. The main monastery is considered the St. David Lavra which is located on the northern slope of mountain separating Georgia and Azerbaijan.