- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Institution of presidency in Georgia can be abolished2012-12-11 13:49
In Georgia, there was made a decision on creation of a constitutionally-democratic initiative group for the abolition of the post of the president. The authors of the idea call upon of all supporters of this initiative to take part in the process, the Rosbalt reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We call on everyone, who has a desire, to accede and create a group together", said in the statement by the initiative's authors. During the very referendum it is planned to raise the question of whether it is necessary to abolish the institution of presidency and introduce the constitutional-parliamentary government.
Recall, in mid-November, a non-government organization "The unanimity for human rights" announced the collection of signatures to demand the immediate resignation of the president Mikheil Saakashvili. This was announced by the head of the organization Mikhail Andguladze on November 12.
Many figures of Georgian culture have joined the initiative of non-governmental organization. Georgian writers Dzhansug Charkviani and Chabua Amirejibi, directors Rezo Chkheidze and Giga Lortkipanidze and many others have declared their intention to sign the demand for resignation of the president.