- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Three masterminds of terrorist attack on Sheikh Said Afandi detained in Dagestan2012-12-12 11:31
National Anti-Terrorism Committee (NAC) has reported the arrest of the masterminds of terrorist attack on Sheikh Said Afandi in Dagestan, the Interfax reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
On December 8, during a special operation in the places Shamilkala, Ashilta of Untsukulsky district and Chirkata of Gumbet district there were arrested members of the so-called Gimrinsky gang: Shihmirza Labazanov, born in 1982, Magomedali Amirkhanov, born in 1976, and Magomed Hajiyev, born in 1989, who confessed to the crime. They provided cover and personaly escorted suicide bomber Saprykina to the place of the attack.
"We have received reliable information that the offense had been organized by gang leaders of Dagestan to incite religious confrontation of Muslims in the region, practicing the different currents of Islam. According to their plan the assassination of Sheikh, who enjoyed the unquestioned authority in the Republic of Dagestan, was to provoke an armed conflict in the country and lead to serious negative consequences", stated in the NAC.
In addition, it was found that the arrested militants had been planning to carry out in Dagestan several other crimes of terrorist nature in order to destabilize the region.
Recall, one of the spiritual leaders of Muslims of Dagestan Sheikh Said Afandi was killed as a result of explosion committed by the suicide bomber. The incident took place on August 28, in the Dagestani village of Chirkey.
Five of his followers were killed along with him. According to reports, the explosion injured a lot of people.