- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili's associate hung himself2012-12-13 14:39
Deputy Governor of the Gardabani municipality of Georgia (Kvemo Kartli region) Manuchar Dzhokhadze found hanged in the night from Wednesday to Thursday. As reported by the Lenta.ru citing a source in the local administration, the body of the official was found in his own home by family members.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Dzhokhadze was member of Mikheil Saakashvili's party "United National Movement". According to another representative of this political force, Georgian parliament member Givi Targamadze, it is possible that suicide could be caused by a summons of Dzhokhadze to the prosecutor for questioning.
"Unfortunately, not everyone can withstand the pressure from the government, and we can see such a result of the war declared on us by the authorities", Givi Targamadze said.
According to the Rosbalt, friends and relatives of Dzhokhadze say that on the eve of suicide they had met him, and the official had not made the impression of a man who was prepared to commit suicide. A criminal case was instituted on the fact of the suicide.
Earlier it was repeatedly stated that after the parliamentary election in Georgia on October 1, won by the opposition coalition "Georgian Dream", many politicians and officials, representing the "United National Movement", have been prosecuted on various charges. Saakashvili's party considers the detention of its supporters the political repression.