- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russia has developed a plan for the evacuation of fellow citizens from Syria2012-12-13 15:50
Russian Foreign Ministry has developed a plan for the evacuation of Russian citizens from Syria. This was reported by the RIA Novosti with reference to the Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In Syria, there are thousands of Russians, and some of them are on the consular register, the official said. In general, they are Russian women married to local residents, and children of mixed marriages. Now the Ministry is finding out the location of these people. According to official statistics, 5,3 thousand Russians are on the consular register in Syria.
Meanwhile, the Russian embassy in Damascus reported that the emergency evacuation of staff of the diplomatic mission and Russian citizens from Syria did not take place, and the situation around the Russian embassy was calm.
At the same time, Russian Foreign Ministry does not rule out the victory of the opposition in Syria. The regime and the Syrian government are increasingly losing control over the country. This was also announced by Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation Mikhail Bogdanov, the ITAR-TASS reported.
"As for the preparing for victory of the opposition, then, of course, we cannot exclude this", he said. "But we have to look at the facts: The trend indicates that the government regime is losing the control over the areas of the country more and more".