- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russian TV-channel RT starts broadcasting in Georgia2012-12-14 12:32
Russian TV-channel Russia Today starts twenty-four-hour broadcasting in Georgia in the network of one of the leading cable operators of the country - JSC "Silknet", the RIA Novosti reported. The number of viewers of this channel is now higher than 200,000 and monthly increases of at least 10 thousand people, the website of broadcaster states.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We are delighted that our channel is now broadcasting in Georgia. Expanding the broadcasting network is one of our top priorities. Given the ever-increasing popularity of the RT as an important alternative source of information, cable operators from different countries gladly include us in their network", said the chief editor of the channel Margarita Simonyan.
Recall, in early November, in Tbilisi, the cable operators resumed broadcasting of Russian TV-channels, interrupted during the 2008 war. In particular, according to the edition, the cable operator "7-th channel" has included in its broadcasting net Russian "First Channel", TV Center and several other channels. Users have to pay extra four lari per month (about two dollars) to watch them.