- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Director General of Georgian public broadcaster decided to resign2012-12-14 14:16
Board of trustees of the Georgian Public Television has started consideration of the statement of the director general of the public broadcaster George Chanturia on resignation. According to the News-Georgia, this was announced by the chairman of the board of trustees Levan Gakheladze.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Gakheladze, the reason of the resignation of George Chanturia must become known after the meeting of the board.
Technical director of the GPT George Baratashvili will temporarily fulfill the duty of the Acting Director General.
Under current legislation, the Director General of the Georgian Public Television is selected by the end of the competition and the relevant gets appointed within a month after summing up the results.
Recall, in mid-November, funding of the Georgian Public Television at the expense of the budget was reduced by 17.8 million lari (about $ 10.5 million). According to the law "On public TV", the funding of the public broadcaster is defined in an amount not less than 0.12% of the gross domestic product of the country, according to the figure for the previous year.