- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ex-ambassador of Georgia to Russia: it is time to start a dialog2009-03-06 12:16
Erosi Kitsmarishvili, the ex-ambassador of Georgia to Russia believes that time to start dialog on normalization of relations between the two countries has come. He shared his ideas with ITAR TASS in his today's interview.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"I think that both Tbilisi and Moscow realize pretty clear that normalization of the relations of the two countries, with consideration of the interests of Georgia and the Russian Federation, is necessary. For this sake we should start a dialog both in bilateral and multilateral format", the ex-ambassador said.
He underlined he realizes that "at the present stage authorities of Georgia and Russia possibly cannot start direct contact with each other, for a number of reasons". "But there is no good to waste time, and therefore the dialog must be started at the level of respected experts, society representatives, ex-diplomats; ways to normalize relations of the two countries must be sought", Kitsmarishvili noted.
In his view, "from the Georgian side this dialog can be started on the basis of some consensus between the authorities and the opposition".
Bearing in mind that relations normalization process between Russia and the US, Russia and NATO began there is no good of the long pause in the relations of Georgia and Russia, the ex-ambassador believes.
According to Kitsmarishvili, Georgia must work out a special tactics and strategy in the relations with Russia. "2020", the non-governmental organization I head, and a number of other Georgian organizations are busy with these issues. These relations must be accumulated, and we should establish the Council for Relations with the Russian Federation Normalization", he concluded.