- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Brothel owners arrested in Adjara2012-12-17 13:43
Law enforcement officers of the Main Department of Internal Affairs have detained a group of people who organized a network of brothels in Adjara during a special operation, the press service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Georgia reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Five people were arrested on charges of renting out houses for prostitution. According to investigators, in Batumi and Gonio (Khelvachauri district of Adjara) they had been renting out hotels in which brothels had been organized.
All detainees have already pled guilty. A criminal case was instituted under Article 254 of the Criminal Code of Georgia, which provides from 2 to 4 years in prison, the News-Georgia reported.
According to Georgian media, a special operation was carried out on Sunday night in the village of Gonio (Adjara), where there were arrested about 20 prostitutes and five men in one of the local hotels. After testifying most of the detainees were released.