- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Okruashvili has declared hunger strike in prison2012-12-18 13:25
Former Georgian Defense Minister Irakli Okruashvili, who is in prison on charges of organizing and participating in illegal armed group, has declared hunger strike, the Interfax reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Okruashvili's lawyer Mamuka Chabashvili told reporters on Tuesday that the ex-Minister had declared the hunger strike in solidarity with those who had not been included into the parliamentary list of political prisoners.
Recall, last week, the new charges had been brought against former Georgian Defense Minister Irakli Okruashvili. Okruashvili is suspected of creating illegal armed groups and criminal negligence.
According to the financial police, after the events in Tskhinval in 2008, the Ministry of Defense of Georgia purchased a batch of outdated Kalashnikovs. Each costed 4 times more expensive than the real price. Prime Minister of Georgia Bidzina Ivanishvili has called it "irresponsibility and extravagance".