- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Mass hunger strike of Okruashvili's supporters in prison2012-12-19 12:26
A mass hunger strike of the prisoners takes place in the Tbilisi Prison No 9, the Trend reports referring to the press service of "Georgian Party".gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to latest information, 26 inmates, included by the Parliamentary Committee on Human Rights to the list of political prisoners, have begun a hunger strike in solidarity with Levan and Kakha Terashvili, David Shiukashvili and Shalva Sabashvili who had been removed from the list for unknown reasons. They find their release from prison unacceptable at the time when their friends and associates remain in the cells.
Recall, former Georgian Defense Minister Irakli Okruashvili, who is in prison on charges of organizing and participating in illegal armed group, has declared hunger strike.
Okruashvili's lawyer Mamuka Chabashvili told reporters on Tuesday that the ex-Minister had declared the hunger strike in solidarity with those who had not been included into the parliamentary list of political prisoners.