- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Robert Sturua to head three theatres2012-12-19 12:58
Robert Sturua has made the final decision to return to the Rustaveli Theater in Tbilisi as the artistic director, the Culture.ru reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At a press conference held on Tuesday, the director said: "Theatre has changed so much for a half a year that I cannot recognize it. They are performing some TV shows and strange musicals. It is in a terrible state. Theater has suddenly become similar to a circus".
According to the director, hard and long job is required to restore the repertoire. Sturua retains the post of principal guest director at Moscow's Et Cetera theatre and, in addition, he will lead another scenic site in Tbilisi - the chamber theater in the former factory "Singer".
Recall, in late November, it was reported that famous theatre director Robert Sturua was going to soon present a play on the stage of his own theater in Tbilisi. This theatre was built with the help of the businessman, leader of the coalition of "Georgian Dream", Prime Minister of Georgia Bidzina Ivanishvili.
Sturua was also reinstated as the art director of the Tbilisi State Academic Theatre named after Shota Rustaveli. According to the press service of the Ministry of Culture, the order on appointment of Robert Sturua art director of the Theater n.a. Shota Rustaveli was signed the day before by the Minister of Culture of Georgia Guram Odisharia.