- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Session of the Holy Synod to be held in Tbilisi on December 202012-12-20 13:38
The session of the Holy Synod will be held in Tbilisi, at the Georgian Patriarchate, on Thursday, December 20. According to the News-Georgia, Catholicos-Patriarch of All Georgia Ilia II will head the session.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the press service of the Patriarchate, the meeting will begin at 12 pm. According to preliminary information, the text of the resolution of the Holy Synod of Georgia will be available by the end of the day.
"The Holy Synod of the Georgian Orthodox Church meets twice a year and considers the important issues for the Church", the press-service recalled. This year, the first meeting of the Synod was held on July 5.
Meanwhile, Catholicos-Patriarch of All Georgia Ilia II called on the congregation to pray to St. Nicholas for help in returning the breakaway Georgian regions - Abkhazia and South Ossetia.
"St. Nicholas created numerous miracles; he helping those who are in trouble", said the head of the Georgian Orthodox Church in his sermon following the liturgy on St. Nicholas Day, the Rosbalt reported.