- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russia will issue citizens of Georgia pre-conflict types of visas2009-03-06 14:03
Categories and kinds of the Russian visas issued by the Russian interests section by the Swiss embassy in Tbilisi will remain practically the same as before the relations severance, stated Grigoriy Karasin, the Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"At large, the categories and kinds of visas, issued to Georgian citizens, will be in fact the same as right before the decision of relations severance made by the Georgian authorities", Karasin said to The Izvestia, full version of the interview [in Russian] available on the official site of the Foreign Ministry of Russia.
Today the section of Russia's interests by the Swiss embassy in Tbilisi starts issuing visas to citizens of Georgia
The section will issue visas on permission of the Russian authorities; at the present moment issuing visas on invitation of closest relatives-Russian citizens is provided, Lorenzo Amberg, the ambassador of Switzerland in Georgia explained.
According to Amberg, the section will also consider issuing Russian visas for humanitarian motives. At the present stage Russian tourist visas or visas on employment basis will not be issued to citizens of Georgia, entrance to Russia will be possible only with visitor's visa.