- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russian FM: The issue of return of Georgian goods is politically determined2012-12-21 13:24
Admission of Georgian agricultural products and wine to the Russian market is politically settled. According to the RIA Novosti, this was announced by the First Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia Andrei Denisov.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"As far as I know, the issue of sanitation, quality assurance and product approval on sanitary indicators is politically determined. Only the purely technical procedures that require registration, like in any other country, remain. Our market is open, and I'm sure there are buyers of the Georgian products", he said.
Foreign Ministry spokesman also noted that Rospotrebnadzor has no plans to carry out any additional monitoring of the products from Georgia.
"I'm not an expert in this area, but I have never heard about the need for introduction special order and control. Moreover, after joining the WTO, which, incidentally, was agreed by Georgia, which had joined it earlier than Russia, we have order implied by our agreements and commitments", the diplomat added.
At a press conference on Thursday, Russian President Vladimir Putin said that Russia would fulfill its obligations under the WTO on the admission of Georgian goods, the News-Armenia reported.