- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Innocence of Muslims officially banned in Russia2012-12-26 13:40
The film "Innocence of Muslims" has been introduced into the Russian register of extremist materials. Such is the order of Russian Ministry of Justice, the RBC reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Thus, the agency has actually executed the decision of the Tverskoy court of October 1, on the submission of the General Prosecutor's Office when recognized the film extremist material. The court agreed that the film contained picture and text aimed at the formation of ideas about the inferiority of Islam and the people professing it.
Recall, the company Google, the owner of the video hosting YouTube, blocked in Egypt and Libya the opportunity to watch the film about the Prophet Muhammad that had caused the anger of the Muslims.
"This video is not contrary to our policy and will remain on YouTube. However, due to the difficult situation in Libya and Egypt we temporarily lock the access to this video in these countries", said in a communique issued by the company.
Google justified this decision by saying that the company protected the freedom of speech and expression.