- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Regular flights between Russia and Georgia may resume soon2012-12-27 11:36
Special Representative of Georgian Prime Minister for the normalization of relations with Russia Zurab Abashidze stated the country's government was working on the resumption regular flights from the Russian Federation, the Interfax reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Air traffic - this is not an easy topic, and relevant departments must engage in the work on this issue. I hope that soon we will decide on this issue", Abashidze said.
Earlier, during a meeting between the members of government and the trustees of Russian President Vladimir Putin Russian in early December, Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said that Moscow was ready to consider the question of the restoration of regular flights between Georgia and the RF, the Rosbalt recalls.
Regular direct flights between Russia and Georgia ceased operating in 2006, after the deterioration of relations between the two countries; then for some time they were restored in 2008 and then again suspended after the military conflict in August 2008. Currently there are operating only charter flights between the two countries.