- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Public Television has got new head2012-12-27 13:37
Technical Director of the Georgian Public Television (GPT) George Baratashvili has been elected its CEO, the Caucasian Knot reports. Baratashvili scored eight of the thirteen votes of the Board of Trustees of Public TV.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The voting process took place on December 26. Baratishvili received 8 of 13 votes of the Board of Trustees of the GPT. His rivals follow him with a significant gap: Nata Abramia received 3 votes, Megi Tavtumadze - 2. For Nikoloz Makharashvili and Tinatin Rukhadze scored no votes.
The Head of the Technical Department GPB George Baratashvili has been working on the Public Television for 8 years. On 13 December, he was acting CEO of GPT.
Recall, in mid-November, funding of the Georgian Public Television at the expense of the budget was reduced by 17.8 million lari (about $ 10.5 million). This was announced by the Deputy Finance Minister David Ebralidze at a meeting of the Parliamentary Committee of Education and Science.