- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Alasania started collecting signatures for Saakashvili’s resignation2009-03-06 17:15
The Alliance for Georgia, headed by Irakli Alasania, the ex-Permanent Representative of Georgia to the UN, started country-wide collecting signatures for conducting new presidential elections, he stated at the press conference held on the occasion of the authorities' refusal to conduct a referendum on this question.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As Alasania mentioned, President Saakashvili "missed a chance" and "didn't felt political responsibility".
He stated that together with his supporters he intends to organize a plebiscite. Besides, the alliance will conduct monitoring of the state structures' work.
"Not fulfilling our demand on calling a referendum and holding early presidential elections, Saakashvili again showed that he doesn't realize the situation in the country. He missed the chance given him by the Constitution - to let the people decide: whether to hold early presidential elections or not," Alasania stated.
He also mentioned that the Alliance for Georgia opens its offices in Tbilisi and other regions, cities and towns of the country.
"Our purpose id the revelation of the people's will in the way of nation-wide plebiscite, and also conducting of public monitoring over the main state structures", Alasania said- ITAR TASS.