- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
New Georgian authorities won't restrict gambling industry2012-12-29 13:09
Gambling industry in Georgia will not be restricted. As reported by the Bookmaker Raiting, this was stated by the Minister of Economy and Sustainable Development of the country George Kvirikashvili. He noted that at present the Government of Georgia was working on the draft amendments to the gambling legislation, but they won't imply ban for the legal institutions. "In my personal opinion, the casino located in the hotel accommodation in no event should be restricted, since they are vital to the financial stability of hotels", said the official.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Furthermore, he added that none of the amendments to the existing legislation would be adopted without consultation with entrepreneurs.
It is worth noting that the previous Georgian authorities often ignored the opinion of entrepreneurs in making key decisions.
Recall, in mid-October, during pre-election campaign, Georgian billionaire, leader of the coalition "Georgian Dream" Bidzina Ivanishvili, now the Prime Minister, stated he intended to close all casinos and brothels in the resort town of Batumi.
Businessman claimed that such facilities did not attract the tourists, brought little income to the state and thus "spoiled the country's reputation".