- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Lavrov: Moscow against military intervention in Syria2012-12-29 15:11
Russia will not support the UN Security Council resolution under Chapter 7, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Russia stated.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As reported by the KP.ru, Russian Foreign Ministry believes the resolution will open the way for military intervention of third forces in Syria, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said on Saturday.
"We really oppose the resolution under Chapter 7, since it will open the way for foreign international intervention", Lavrov said after a meeting with the UN and the Arab League special envoy on Syria Lakhdar Brahimi.
The minister said that all the international players were against military intervention in Syria, so Russia did not support such a move, the RIA Novosti reported.
Armed clashes in Syria have been going more than two years. During this time, according to the United Nations, 30,000 people were killed; hundreds of thousands have fled to neighboring countries.