- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Million signatures for Saakashvili's resignation2013-01-09 12:59
Georgian NGOs, standing for early resignation of President Mikheil Saakashvili, have collected million signatures in support of this claim, the Lenta.ru reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Though, it is unclear how the authenticity of the signatures, available to the organizers of the campaign, can be confirmed.
The representatives of NGOs, collecting signatures, have held a meeting outside the presidential residence in Tbilisi. They intended to hand the presidential administration a memorandum demanding Saakashvili's resignation, but none of the administration staff has come out to them.
Recall, the NGO "The unanimity for human rights" announced the collection of signatures to demand the immediate resignation of the president Mikheil Saakashvili in early November. This was announced by the head of the organization Mikhail Andguladze on November 12.
According to Andguladze, signatures to demand the resignation of Mikheil Saakashvili as the president will be collected in all parts of Georgia.
Many figures of Georgian culture have joined the initiative of non-governmental organization. Georgian writers Dzhansug Charkviani and Chabua Amirejibi, directors Rezo Chkheidze and Giga Lortkipanidze and many others have declared their intention to sign the demand for resignation of the president.