- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Armenia introduces visa free regime for European tourists2013-01-10 11:47
On January 10, Armenia canceled visas for citizens of the European Union, the DW.de reported. According to the estimates of the country's Tourism Department of the Ministry of Economy, the number of tourists from Europe in 2013 may increase by 10-12%.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In 2012, Armenia was visited by about 700 thousand foreign tourists. Of them, just over 30 percent, according to the tour operators, were tourists from Europe. Most of the European guests are middle-aged and elderly. This year Armenia expect about 850,000 foreign visitors.
Recall, on December 17, Armenia signed an agreement on visa regime facilitation with the European Union. The agreement was signed during the meeting of the EU-Armenia Cooperation Council in Brussels.
The document on visa regime facilitation between Armenia and the EU implies the introduction of the simplified procedures for obtaining visas to enter the Schengen area for members of certain groups of the population of Armenia, in particular, pupils, students, scholars, disabled, journalists and entrepreneurs.