- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Okruashvili may be released on bail2013-01-10 13:34
The Prosecutor's Office of Georgia has demanded to replace the measure of restraint for the former Defense Minister Irakli Okruashvili with a release on bail, the GHN reported. This was announced during the hearing of the case of illegal armed groups, which was held at the Tbilisi City Court.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the prosecutor Elizbar Gozalishvili, they have similar demand in respect of Okruashvili's cousin Ioseb Giguashvili passing who is involved in the case.
The prosecutor has pointed out that basing on the absence of the threat that Okruashvili and Giguashvili would put pressure on other witnesses, the former Minister and his cousin should be released on bail of 10 thousand GEL.
Recall, not so long ago Georgian Prosecutor General's Office closed part of the criminal proceedings against the former country's Defense Minister Irakli Okruashvili.
Three charges against Okruashvili were related to the facts of abuse of office and money laundering. According to the prosecutors, based on the analysis of the case the Prosecutor's Office has concluded that there has been no evidence of any crimes that Okruashvili had alleged committed.