- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Prosecutor General's Office accuses Akhalaia's lawyer of abuse of power2013-01-11 15:05
Prosecutor General's Office of Georgia accuses the lawyer of former Defense Minister Bacho Akhalaia of abuse of power. David Dekanoidze says the trial will take place on January 18 at the Tbilisi City Court, the Rosbalt reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"In 2009, as an arbitrator, along with two other arbitrators, I issued a judgment against the "Center Point". This company was ordered to pay a fine of 70 thousand GEL in favor of the victim. Later the company appealed the decision, but the court found my decision, under which "Center Point" was to pay damages, legitimate. Now the prosecution believes I made illegitimate decision. I am accused under the 333rd article of the criminal code", Dekanoidze said.
Previously, as reported by the GHN, former Georgian Defense Minister Bacho Akhalaia agreed to consider his case, under which he is in custody, with participation of jury.
This was announced by his lawyer David Dekanoidze at a meeting with reporters.
"We have agree that the jury would consider the case of Akhalaia, since this is quite public process", the lawyer said.
He pointed out there is no other evidence gainst Akhalaia except witnesses testimony.