- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
New governor of Samegrelo appointed2013-01-11 15:48
Georgian president Mikheil Saakashvili has appointed the governor of Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti region former head of Interior Ministry General Inspection Tengiz Gunava. Accoeding to the IA Regnum, after the parliamentary election on October 1, 2012 Gunava was arrested and released on bail twice.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the administration of the president of Georgia, Mikheil Saakashvili presented the new governor to the staff of the regional administration on January 10. He paid tribute to Tengiz Gunava and called him a man who made a great contribution to the fight against crime.
According to Mikheil Saakashvili, his authorized people in the regions have the main purpose - to prevent the return of the corrupt and criminal past, which is happening today in the new government, the News-Georgia reported.
Gunava replaced on the post Zaza Gorozia, who became governor in October 2012. On November 16, 2012 Tengiz Gunava was arrested on charges of illegal possession of drugs and firearms, but then, by the decision of Tbilisi City Court, he was released on bail of 10,000 lari (about 6,000 dollars). On November 30, Gunava was arrested again - this time on charges of abuse of office and embezzlement of public funds, but then, having paid a bail of 10 000 GEL, he was re-released pending trial.