- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Azerbaijani Ambassador to U.S.: Armenia prevents the South Caucasus from further development2013-01-14 14:01
Development and prosperous future for the Caucasus require the countries of the region not to remain in the grip of the past, but to look in the future and strive to development. However, as stated by the Ambassador of Azerbaijan to the United States Elin Suleymanov in an interview with the magazine "Diplomatic Connections", the position of Armenia prevents the region from further development.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to him, non-constructive efforts of the Armenian leadership to maintain the status quo in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict hinder the unity and development of the region. However, Suleymanov believes that Armenia and Azerbaijan may one day overcome differences and achieve peace in the region, the IA Regnum reports.
"It is important to understand that the South Caucasus countries share a common past: not only the general success and victory, common failures and tragedies, and common aspirations. Let's build a common future of the region basing on these common things", the diplomat said. The Caucasus can achieve unity, but for this the Armenian leadership should take a decision, Suleymanov said speaking of overcoming the stalemate in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, caused by Yerevan's unwillingness to compromise.