- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Football player Giorgi Demetradze released2013-01-14 14:29
Famous football player, former Georgian national team striker and former striker of the FC Lokomotiv Moscow Giorgi Demetradze released from prison on amnesty in Georgia, the BFM reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Recall, earlier it was reported that Demetradze had filed a complaint to the European Court of Human Rights.
Demetradze accused Georgian authorities of violating several articles of the Convention on the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms: Article 3 (prohibition of torture and degrading treatment), 6 (guaranteeing the right to a fair trial) and 8 (right to respect for private life).
According to Demetradze's lawyer, the degrading treatment consisted in the fact that her client, serving a sentence "was not allowed to use a credit card within two weeks, so that he could not buy toiletries and food in a store".