- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
A network of secret agents-gays revealed in Georgia2013-01-15 12:00
Georgian prosecutor's office stated that under the previous "regime" one of the country's security forces had established a network of agents, including homosexuals, performing special tasks, the News-Georgia reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to prosecutor's office, allegedly military police of the Ministry of Defense was engaged in the recruitment and use of gay agents.
According to official version, after recruitment agents gays contacted with certain individuals well-known in society (their names are not listed) and brought them for a date to the apartment, equipped with recording devices. The purpose was supposed to blackmail these persons, making them to "show loyalty to the then political regime".
As evidence, the prosecutor's office has published some videos that were shown on Georgian television. However, the names of those shot were not made public, their faces were retouched, the Lenta.ru reports.
Three senior members of the military police were arrested in connection with the case; but later the court released them on bail. The reaction of the police officers themselves to these charges is unknown.