- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Assad to participate in the presidential election of 2014 without special preferences2013-01-15 13:55
Acting Minister of Foreign Affairs of Syria, Faisal Mekdad stated that the country's leader Bashar Assad was going to take part in the presidential elections in 2014 "without special preferences", the RBC reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Mekdad, Assad is going to play an important role in any act of transfer of power. The official believes the president's plan "reflects the desire of the Syrians" of a dialogue on the armistice.
On January 6, Assad spoke publicly for the first time since June 2012. His speech lasted about an hour. He called the refuse of the regional powers from financing insurgents and restoration of order at the Syrian borders the main terms of a political dialogue.
Meanwhile, according to the Islam-News, Syrian President Bashar Assad and his family spend the most time on a military ship in the Mediterranean Sea under the protection of the Russia.
The head of Syria leaves the ship only to participate in meetings. For this he uses a helicopter. Such precautions are related to Assad's concerns about his own safety.