- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Regime of counter-terrorism operation introduced in Tyrnyauz, Kabardino-Balkaria2013-01-16 11:43
Today at 9:00 am Moscow time, the head of the FSB of Russia in in Kabardino-Balkaria introduced the regime of counter-terrorism operation (CTO) in the city of Tyrnyauz, the Caucasian Knot reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
During the CTO, in the city there operates a series of special measures and temporary restrictions until further notice.
As noted by the situation room of Kabardino-Balkaria, the CTO regime has been introduced "in order to prevent the commission of terrorist acts, to ensure the security of citizens, organizations and institutions, to search and arrest fugitives members of illegal armed groups".
As recalled by the RIA Novosti, in mid-December the CTO regime had already been introduced in Tyrnyauz. That time officers of the republican Interior Ministry eliminated a militant who had offered them with armed resistance. Officer of the Center for Extremism Prevention of the Ministry of Interior in the CBD was wounded in the head. After that, a group of gunmen has been blocked in one of the private houses; during the raid four people preparing terrorist acts and armed attacks on the republican authorities, law enforcement agencies and businessmen were killed. Commander of Moscow riot police was killed, two policemen were also wounded.