- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Gurjaani residents affected by disaster held protest2013-01-17 12:00
Residents of the Georgian town of Gurjaani, affected by the disaster in the summer of 2012, have held a protest demanding payment of the previously promised compensation, the Caucasian Knot reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
On July 19, last year, Georgian president Mikheil Saakashvili stated the members of the government should consider the issue of compensation to the families whose agricultural land had been affected by the strong winds and hail.
However, the participants of the action said they have not received the promised compensation. The protesters tried to block traffic. After the intervention of the police they refused these intentions.
According to the participants of the protest, they cannot proceed with the spring sowing due to problems in obtaining compensation.
As recalled by the Rosbalt, in the night of July 19, heavy rain, hail and hurricane damaged houses and destroyed crops in the Kakheti region (Eastern Georgia). The disaster, according to preliminary data, destroyed 80 to 100% of the yield on the 11 thousand hectares.