- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Symbolic "funeral" of Saakashvili2013-01-17 18:59
In the city of Zugdidi, western Georgia, there was staged a theatricalized action with a demand of resignation of president Mikheil Saakashvili, the Voice of Russia reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The action involved, according to various estimates, from 1 to 2 thousand people - residents of Zugdidi and the surrounding towns and districts. Speakers have criticized Saakashvili's policy and urged him to resign.
Protesters have also staged symbolic "political funeral of the president", having carried empty tomb through the central square. "Thus we express our protest. Saakashvili has done so much bad for Georgia, so we have decided to symbolically bury him", said the protesters.
Recall, in early January that Georgian NGOs, standing for early resignation of president Mikheil Saakashvili, collected million signatures in support of this claim.
Though, it is unclear how the authenticity of the signatures, available to the organizers of the campaign, can be confirmed.
The representatives of NGOs, collecting signatures, have held a meeting outside the presidential residence in Tbilisi. They intended to hand the presidential administration a memorandum demanding Saakashvili's resignation, but none of the administration staff has come out to them.